Sunday, March 11, 2012

Poetry

Don't Say I Didn't Tell You
Why aren't you listening?
I keep telling you but why aren't you listening?
I can't do this anymore, do you even hear me?
It's too much weight to bear
Too heavy, too many tears, too much
But are you listening?
What do I have to do to make you hear me?
When will you know I'm for real?
I know it might take a lot
For you to help me, to really help me
I won't put that burden on you
I'll try to help myself
But if it doesn't work, please remember I told you
And you weren't listening

Before I Step Aside
You were supposed to be there for me
Through it all, not just some
Be the man I always needed
But that man has yet to come
It's more than a surface thing
Not just superficial, somewhat fake
Where's the passion we should be longing for?
I hope I haven't made a huge mistake
You take care of me when I'm sick
Get my hair done and my nails
But the spark that should be between us
Has only come to fail
Where's the romance? Where's the spontaneity?
Where are the kisses and much more?
Sure I get smiles and sweet comments
Which I have come to quite adore
But the chemistry between us
Is far from boiling over
The only feeling between us
Is quite boring and quite sober
I ask you once again
Show me the passion, show me the love
Show me what our relationship was sent for
From our Father up above
Make it wild and adventurous
Make it one hell of a ride
Give me the mania I am longing for
Quickly now, before I step aside

Blues

Alone and unprotected
From this pain that surrounds me
Like a cement blanket
Pressure, pain, and trapped
Can't see the way out, if there even is one
Do I deserve this? Where did I go wrong?
Confused and exhausted
I don't want to fight anymore
I can't. I can't fight anymore
Shine your light, show goodness in this pain
Give me something worth living for
Where's my rainbow in this rain?