Sunday, April 17, 2016

PCOS Meds

So as I have told you before, I was diagnosed with PCOS this past year. And since it has caused me to gain 80lbs in 4 years, I have been working super hard to lose weight. My goal is to lose 30lbs this year at least. Then another 30 next year (since i was under weight to begin with, my goal is to lose 60-70lbs total). I have been exercising and dieting for over 6 months, hardcore for over 2 months. I have lost 5lbs in 6 months and can't seem to lose any more.

So my dr prescribed me Metformin. The side effects are upset stomach so I'm praying it won't be any nausea. I can deal with diarrhea since im used to it with Crohn's but of course im hoping that won't happen either. But the metformin will help control my insulin and should help me lose some weight. Fingers crossed!