Saturday, April 9, 2016

Oral Surgery and Update

I had my top 2 wisdom teeth out Thursday morning. The bottom 2 were taken out in Chicago 2 weeks before chemotherapy. I kept getting infections in the bottom 2 so they hurried up and took them out while we were in Chicago to harvest my sister's stem cells. That way it would be covered by insurance under the transplant since, well, you can't have chemo with constant infections!

Anyway, so these 2 have been much easier. They sedated me (not like the 1st 2) and they don't hurt nearly as bad. I mean im sore of course, but in comparison I am handling these mich much much better! I'm already on almost all regular food!

I had a checkup with my GI yesterday. He said the camera endoscopy came back normal. He said since i keep having recurring problems, it's most likely a low level active crohn's. Hence it not showing on tests but still giving me problems. I took a course of cipro (antibiotics) and it has really helped so I am super excited about that! He said that may be something we revisit if and when I get sick again.

But for now, everything is going well.  I'm feeling good most of the time, im getting used to my new bifocal glasses and my gums are healing well!