Saturday, April 6, 2013

6 month follow up complete

My colonoscopy showed several pseudo polyps. This is because i was so severely ill and this is my bodys reaction to healing itself. They shouldn't be cancerous however they do show signs that it is very likely i will develop colon cancer at some point in the next 15 years or so. Dr Barrett (GI) in Chicago is moving to work at the university of Kentucky. He is adamant about taking care of me and doing cutting edge blue dye cancer screenings every year or more. So i will be going to see him in Kentucky from now on. I don't mind. He's an incredible doctor.Dr Burt however infuriated me. I haven't spoken to him in 6 months and he literally spent my entire visit with his hand on the doorknob trying to rush me out because i was his last patient of the day...after i already came in an hour early! and he told me not tp worry about my arthritis, it'll go away! Wow. So Im supposed to suffer in the mean time?? And he told Mr not to worry about my ulcers in my colon...they'll go away on their own!...what?!? Needless to say he called me back the next day and decided to take the advice of Dr Barrett and put me on a short course of Uceris, a mild asteroid with few side effects.