Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Year Update

Im sorry i havent updated since my tests in the hospital! The endoscopy and colonoscopy didn't show much, just an inflamed and irritated stomach and colon. Since they couldn't reach parts of my small bowel and that is where the ct scan showed inflammation, not to mention it's also where my last obstruction was, they're doing a pill cam study. Basically with a pill cam study, i start with a prep day like with a colonoscopy. The next day i swallow a pill to expand my bowels so the pill cam goes through without getting stuck. This is called an agile patency. The following day i go back to swallow the pill cam. They connect me to a device. The cam takes constant pics and sends them directly to the device which i will return when i am done. Hopefully this will give me some answers. As of now, im still experiencing nausea, just not as bad, and diarrhea. The pain is much worse. And the urgency is BAD. I also have a sinus infection causing me some ear issues. Hopefully i will have some answers soon and can update you! Please look for a post on pill cam information!