Sunday, January 27, 2013

Update out of hospital

I was rushed to the ER Tuesday because I felt perfectly fine and then it suddenly felt like something exploded inside of me. They admitted me and I was put on vancomycin even though my labs came back negative for any infections. I started feeling better by Friday but Dr Burt told the doctors to go ahead with a colonoscopy and with an ultrasound on my liver and pancreas because my liver enzymes were high.

Ok here's the results: I got magnesium, my hemoglobin dropped to 8 but I didn't get a blood transfusion. They stopped my voriconizole and cell cept. Liver and pancreas are fine! My liver enzymes will be monitored!

My colonoscopy showed only 3 ulcers, a few polyps, significantly reduced inflammation, and the part of my colon which was once full of inflammation and ulcers nearest my small bowel is now completely clear.

In other words... The stem cell transplant in only 4 months has almost completely put me in remission!! God is so good and I can't help but cry at how blessed I feel right now!!